View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just this morning I got a call from the property I support - one of the computers was having a similar problem with a government site they are required to upload information to.

I spent close to an hour on the problem before I remembered one of the utility programs I normally use. Ran it, and the problem cleared up. It might work for you.

It is CCleaner (sometimes referred to as Cr@p Cleaner or Clutter Cleaner). It is free and you can download here:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You will want to run both the Cleaner and Registry. When you run the Registry, it will give you an option to backup the Registry first. Do that. But, also set a Restore Point before running either. If you don't know how to do that, you can see the instructions in the thread: pc simple communications controller

I hope it works for you. I know how frustrating it can be.

Also, while you are at the CCleaner website, check out Speccy. When I went to their site to copy the link for you, I happened to notice it. I downloaded and tried. It is incredible. It gathers all of your system information - right down to what peripherals are attached. It also gathers the information on the RAM.

That might be something to look at. I would think 1GB of RAM would be plenty for pulling in the NT site. We have several computers. Some with 2 GB and others with 1GB. I tried opening the site with the 1GB computer, and it opened fine. So, you might have some program hogging the RAM.

Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-05-2010), mrsD (05-05-2010)