Thread: New drugs???
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My MG seems to be sort of settling into a pattern. I find if I take the Mestinon wisely--more when I'm busier, etc.--I function pretty well as long as I'm brave enough to use my walker, because upper-body tilting seems to be the most limiting symptom I have. Today I really didn't want to explain to the librarians, who all know me, what's going on, so I left it at home. That's when I discovered that an 11-year-old kid has shoulders at just about the right height to keep me from tilting.

Well, it's probably foolish of me to assume that this is the way it's going to be from now on...who knows what's ahead. Still, I'm able to get out more than I used to. I was talking to my neighbor the other day, who has multiple health problems (she's my age--in her 40's). She said she's too embarassed to use any walking aids, so she just stays home instead. I sort of resolved to not to fall into that habit, though I chickened out today, at the library.

I'm working on it. The other day I brought my canes to church, where there are a lot of people with canes, and felt pretty spry compared to some of them!

Abby

Last edited by Stellatum; 05-05-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: forgot to sign my name!
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote