View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up New Here

I have a host of rare diseases which I don't necessarily consider rare at all. It is just an excuse for doctors to not take me as a patient. My most problematic symtpom is due to lack of brain oxygen. I have Central Sleep Apnea and my study revealed over 1100 apneas in one night. They have no clue as to how to treat it other than stimulants to try and wake me up. I am sitting here now as I usually do at the computer with one eye open and one eye resting.

I spend most of my day looking for whatever it was that I just had in my hand. Mostly I write in journals because somedays that is all I can do. I've tried to write many books because I wanted to do something other than whine in such a queenly manner, but I'm never able to compose anything beyond what I write in one day. I have found that if I am not able to complete a task from beginning to end in one day, then it is a goner because I won't remember tomorrow what I was doing. At the point where long term memory kicks in I'm whistlin dixie and sharper than my husband. But it is that feeling of standing at the middle of the stairs and not know if I was going up or coming down. Chilling. Or if you take a nap late afternoon and wake up around 7:00. Because if it is around dusk I will not be able to discern whether it is a.m. or p.m. and will become thouroughly disoriented, even scared, though I'm not sure why.
I feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have received far more helpful information than I have given. To give a heads up, usually I will post but will have a bad day afterwards where I get behind on anyone responding. I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them.
Well....to all...Good luck on any literary endeavors.
perfectly Peg
perfectlypeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote