Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hello Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieb40 View Post
I知 a 21 year old male that has a severe form of Neurofibromatosis that is rapidly increasing that causes tumors to form deep in my body all over that causes pain. I知 loosing all function of my arm and leg due to it being nerve pain and damage. I was an athlete but now I am bed ridden. The docs want to put in an intrathecal pump in me to help with the horrible pain and because I知 on very high doses of oxycontin and oxcycodonne. I知 scared to have it in because I知 a skinny guy and I知 wondering if it will even help much or what kind of pain meds are the best to be straight in blood for anyone with horrible nerve pain? I pushing to do this hopeing i can get back to a somewhat normal life and wondering if it hlps others with neuro pain?
I am SO sorry to read what you are dealing with !!
Here are a couple of suggestions that may help you get better responses, as I'm afraid not many will see your post here, since it is tagged at the end of a different thread.
I would encourage you to start a new thread here at the SCS forum and it will stand out more...... That way, you will be apt to get more responses...
Just ask if you need help in how to start a new thread. At the top left side of the page is the "new thread" to click on.

Also, here is the direct link to the Peripheral Neuropathy forum, click on:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...aysprune=&f=20

The PN forum is very active and you may get good feedback there as well regarding your nerve pain.
Also, I will send a message to a member here who has the pain pump and hopefully she can give you some input as well.

Hang in there! You certainly are not alone!
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-26-2012)