View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default do you think i have tos? pls

I wrote this for my doctor to see if it would help him stop going hmm and looking disinterested. Anyone had a similar experience or advise? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5 years ago - Had a car crash, landed sideways in a ditch at 45mph striking head violently on the right side. Shortly after neck pain started, sometime after that numbness and pain began to build in both hands.

4 years ago - Referred to a consultant about my neck pain, had an MRI scan of my neck, showed no problems, taken no further.

2 years ago - had to stop work due to pain in hands, saw doctor satan, diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome paid for bilateral carpal tunnel release.

1.5 years ago - Symptoms still very bad if not worse than before operation, return to doctor satan, diagnosed with cubital tunnel syndrome. Paid for bi lateral cubital tunnel release.

6 months ago - Referred to doctor golf anyone?, symptoms still getting worse, neither operation has made any difference to my condition. Given a nerve conductivity test in both arms, test shows very slight compression in one arm from the surgery. The doctor suggests that it takes a long time for nerves to heal and that I should wait 6 months to see if they improve.

now -No improvement to any symptoms despite 4 thousand pounds worth of surgery, still unable to work, still in constant pain.

Long Term Symptoms:

- numb and very painful hands, particularly the ring and pinky fingers, thumb and wrist, though also the entire hand.

- The above manifests as, pins and needles, cramp, sharp pain, dull pain, numbness.

- Near constant pain in neck. Often moves up the back of my head causing migraines.

- Since september i have been getting arthritic symptoms in my hands, painful clicking knuckles and wrists.

- I have very poor circulation in my hands, they get cold very easily and hurt a lot till run under the tap for 5 minutes.

- Unable to carry out basic tasks without aggravating my condition and causing weeks of pain.
lynch86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote