View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Back from the doctor

Well, so continues the search to see what is causing the neuropathy. The neuro looked into all the meds I am taking and told me to go of zocor for a month as it can make neuropathy worse. I go back in 4 weeks. If there is no improbement he is sending me to the Mayo Clinic. I asked him if it could be small fiber neuropathy and that is a possibility.

I was interested to learn on this forum that low B12 can also cause problems and that metformin can interfer with it. I take avadamet, so maybe that is causing some problems. My goal is to get off that as soon as possible.

I have lived with this neuropathy for so long that I wonder if they will ever find out what is causing it. And if they find out, will there be anything that will help. I know Lyrica helps a little, but it is still spreading. Oh well, things could be a whole lot worse. All I can do is become better informed about what I can do about it myself.

Thanks to all that have posted and left tidbits of knowledge for us new to the site to learn from. Your successes give me hope. It is good to know we are not alone. I guess neuropathy is more widespread than I thought.

Well, getting late. Thanks again.
Elizabeth
katikat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote