View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default had VP shunt placed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna1980 View Post
The appointment went well Supermoo,

He's got to look at my MRI's first becuase he was unable to get them up on the screen but I may be able have 2 options now rather than 1

my neuro advised the lumbar shunt but the neurosurgeon who does them week in week out said i could (if my ventricle is thick enough after looking at my MRI) be able to have the ventricular shunt which he seemed to "big up" to me, he told me the risks of them both and has left me to think about it and he's going to look at the scans and write to me then i'll go back and we'll reach some decision which we are going for and then it will be done.

I am not nervous about it as it will make life better, has when you've lived 2 years with something that is going to be made better you want it over with xx

xxx

Thanks for thinking of me MOO XXXX
Hi Donna,
*edit* I saw your post and wanted to let you know that my NS and I went down this same path, as they discovered IH in me after my MVD. I eventually had a VP shunt put in. Unfortunately, relieving the the pressure in my head had no effect on my trigeminal pain. I am so grateful that he gave it a try. Be careful in making your decision on getting a shunt, they are tricky and fallible.
The last thing that I want to do is rain on anyone's parade, though,*edit*
I am not implying in any way that you will have the same experience as me though! God forbid. Just...well...buyer beware...

*edit*

Best wishes,
Lily

Last edited by Jomar; 05-05-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: per NT guidelines
Mylastnerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
supermoo (05-06-2010)