View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Speaking as a long suffering gluten intolerant, have you tried giving up dairy. Dairy is very constipating for me, and I didn't think I needed to give it up, but, surprise, I did. It also caused me to have severe insomnia. I amnow on a yeast free diet for yeast overgrowth. I read a few weeks ago, that butter can be ok for those who are dairy intolerant, so I tried it...the constipation came back with a vengenence.

They say that close to 80% of Americans actually have some intolerance to gluten, and most will never know it. If you get tested for celiac, and it comes back negative, try gluten free any ways and see what happens. I have doctors who tell me I am celiac, and some who tell me I absolutely can't be because of my DQ1 genes, but, gluten would kill me. The tiniest amount of cross contamination makes me sick for weeks. In America, the general consensus is, 20ppm of gluten is safe for us, but it's not, and it definitely is not safe for me, even 5ppm makes me ill.

So, get tested, then definitely try gluten free.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote