View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 06:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Let me add my thanks as well for bringing this up.

Back in Year One of my RSD I was treated at the pain clinic of the largest private, non-profit hospital in Los Angeles by an Asian acupuncturist who was also an anesthesiologist, with a PhD to boot. Five weeks into a 2 - 3 times a week, six week protocol, in which I would lie back in a comfortably semi-darkened room, the doctor called it off, saying that it wasn't working.

Perhaps three years later, I was socially introduced to a highly respected photographer of Tibetan llamas, who gave me the name of his acupuncturist. I have regret for not following up on that one, on any number of levels, and the contacts/numbers have long been lost. And I now appear to be deteriorating more with each passing month. But the good news is that:
Cortical reorganization [has been observed to be] reversed coincident with clinical improvement. A reduction of CRPS pain correlated with recovery from cortical reorganization.
Cortical reorganization during recovery from complex regional pain syndrome, Christian Maihöfner, Hermann O. Handwerker, Bernhard Neundörfer, and Frank Birklein, NEUROLOGY 2004;63:693–701.

So there is always hope. There's just a matter of finding/getting access to something that works.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote