View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

HNPP is the opposite of CMT1A. With HNPP you have a deletion and with CMT1A you have a duplication.

http://www.hnpp.org/

It is an interesting site on HNPP.

And yes, there are many types and subtypes of CMT. Does anyone in your family have any symptoms? You can have symptoms of CMT when you are young, old, or in-between. Or symptoms may never be that evident. CMT varies greatly even within the same family.

Your symptoms still seem way too fast for CMT. Hope you find the answer for whatever it is that is happening with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchmyfoot23 View Post
Thanks! Actually, my doctor ordered genetic tests for Hereditary Neuropathy with Pressure Palsies before I developed the drop foot.

Athena Diagnostics sent a tech to my house to draw blood. From what I saw on the website, the blood tests should also show if I have CMT1 or not.

My neurologist told me he doesn't care what the lab tests say, he's convinced, and that there are so many different types of CMT and people present it in different ways. I know he's right.

Today, I go for evaluation for Physical Therapy. Maybe they will have an opinion.

Lyme Disease is something I thought about, but in Florida? Hm, I wonder if that could happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote