Thread: Memory Loss..
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Memory Loss

Tyson,
I experienced horrific memory loss also from Cellcept too!!! I posted about it a couple of weeks ago. It is incredibly scary so I completely understand your concerns. You should call your neuro back this morning and tell them you are having serious side effects!!! I saw my neuro about a week and a half ago and explained ALL the symptoms I was having. He said the memory loss was definitely med related. He felt like it was caused from the combo of cellcept and pred. He said it had also caused me to go into a serious depression. He took me off the cellcept completely and said it is time to get serious about getting me off the pred. I am down to 20 mg every other day. I can tell you I feel MUCH more clear headed since making these changes. I like you was forgetting things that I knew before like the back of my hand. I have a little dog I go see everyday at noon. I have been visiting him for 2 years and know their alarm code by heart. twice in one week I could not remember it for anything!!! The alarm went off and I had to call the owner. The second time was the one that almost sent me over the edge. I told my neuro I felt like I was living in a buble and everything was going on around me but I wasn't really there. I also like you mentioned had a fear of being in my car and forgetting how to get home. I don't want to scare you but this is very serious. One morning I was driving home and got so dizzy and sick I thought I was going to pass out. I had to call my husband and have him talk to me until I could get home. I was terrified I was going to pass out while driving and no one would know where I was. That is the day I stopped the cellcept. At the time I thought it was a reaction to Ambian but my neuro said it was from the med combo. Tyson get on the phone and INSIST they talk with you. If they can't squeeze you in for an appt have the Dr call you.
I am at the very same point as you where I would rather live with the weakness than the side effects of the meds. I didn't even feel like the same person anymore. Please also be on the lookout for major depression signs. DON'T ignore them. It is most likely from the meds and needs to be addressed immediately. My neuro didn't realize how severely depressed I was until he saw me. He went so far as to ask me if I was suicidal. I really think that and the memory loss together is what made him decide it was time to make some serious changes in my treatment. I am currently on 20 mg pred every other day. I am now taking 60 mg mestinon every 4 hours. It didn't work for me in the past but since the pred it definitely does. I can tell when it is time for my next dose. I am still taking a pill to help me sleep and Mirapex to help my legs relax at night and I hope to be able to stop taking the sleeping pill as soon as I am off the pred. Tyson please keep us posted. I am very concerned because I know where you're at and it is soooo scary!!! You may only be 17 but you know your body and when something isn't right. You may have to be insistent that they listen to you but you are your best advocate. I will check back later today for an update sweetie.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote