Thread: anger
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Bobby,

The Ornish plan is good. It makes sense to docs because it is almost vegan, low fat, high fiber, low sugar, and so on:
http://www.webefit.com/Diets/Diet_Dean_Ornish.html

I'm curious what doc mentioned this one. Dr. M? The pulmonary guy?

I'm glad that you eat pasta and find it satisfying.
A good food plan needs to fit with your needs and make you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
Both days a worker stopped me and because of my shortness of breath asked me if i needed help.. I forgot if i wrote it One asked if I wanted the e.r. who knows maybe they though i was having an asthma attack. I don't have asthma.
I'm very glad that the pulmonary and the cardio guys checked you out and that you are fine.
You can get greatly improve the shortness of breath by walking or doing other exercise three times a week for two weeks. After that you can increase more.

~ You can even walk in place to a DVD in your own home. Amazon has some DVDs of Leslie Sansone doing walking.

~ I've seen people on the internet discussing Nintendo video games for walking and other exercises (Wii Fit)
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...Pyud4Kyy393oep
You can interact with the the machine: bowling, baseball, balance games,

~ I bought a pedometer from Amazon for under $20.00. Hubby put the batteries in it, looked at it, and handed it back to me. Neither one of us is sure what to do with it. I suppose I will have to look at the manual to figure it out.
I can see how some people might like knowing their daily number of steps and such so I might give it a try.

When I was young I used to keep track of all kind of things in journals and diaries so keeping track of daily steps I take could be a motivator. I'll let you know!

I don't think you want a dog now. You would have gotten one. You've talked about it and thought about it and pretty much decided against it.

But you don't need a dog to walk. You can walk for yourself.
I wonder if something is holding you back from walking.
Maybe you have already thought through whatever it is.

Bobby, find ways to nurture yourself through self talk or other things.
I want you to feel better.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-07-2010)