Thread: ssdi
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Does the letter you received state "Notice of Award" in the upper left corner? I didn't receive a letter that stated I was approved, only the Notice of Award. So, my answers here are based on that.

The 2nd paragraph of the letter is "What We Will Pay And When". Under that paragraph are 4 bullets that read:
  • You will receive $______ around __________, 2010.
  • This is the money you are due for ____________, 20__ through ____________, 2010.
  • Your next payment of $_______, which is for ___________, 2010, will be received on or about the fourth Wednesday of ______________, 2010.
  • After that you will receive $_______ on or about the fourth Wednesday of each month.

To find out when your next review is, look for the paragraph captioned "Things to Remember For The Future". In my letter it is at the top of the 3rd page. The second sentence reads "Therefore, we will review your case in ___ to ___ years.

The SSA website gives this description for the frequency of reviews:

Quote:
How often your medical condition is reviewed depends on how severe it is and the likelihood it will improve. Your award notice tells you when you can expect your first review.

•Medical improvement expected—if your condition is expected to improve within a specific time, your first review will be six to 18 months after you started getting disability benefits.

•Improvement possible—if improvement in your medical condition is possible, your case will be reviewed about every three years.

•Improvement not expected—if your medical condition is unlikely to improve, your case will be reviewed only about once every five to seven years.
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10153.html#6

Congratulations on your approval.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote