View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

CMT progresses symmetrically even though one side might be different than the other. Unlike HNPP where you bounce back from an episode, so to speak, CMT does not. CMT is progressive no matter what you do. There is no magic bullet, treatment, supplement, etc.

If it turns out that you do have CMT, you should have an PT who knows about CMT. Otherwise, too much PT could exacerbate your symptoms. You also should have a doctor/neurologist who knows CMT very well. That is very important as far as a neurologist or a PT.

I hope you get some answers soon. Thank you and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchmyfoot23 View Post
Actually, my brother has a problem with his feet and his gait and has since birth. He wore orthopedic shoes as a baby/toddler. I don't think my parents were able to find a diagnosis for him.

I have arches like you wouldn't believe. I have all the classic symptoms of CMT, it's just been progressing in a asymmetric way, sort of quickly. When I went to my physical therapy evaluation yesterday, the technologist asked me why this was happening, and when she looked at my feet she said "ohhh, I see".

There have always been problems with me tripping over my own feet, dreaded running in school even though I was fit. I guess I'll just wait and see what the HNPP results say and continue with PT.

If CMT is progressive and that turns out to be my diagnosis, will I continue physical therapy?

Thanks for your replies, by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 05-07-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote