View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been averaging a half pill (=5mg) every other day or every third day. Last night was bad, so I took a whole pill (10mg) and had the worst nightmare I have had in years. I never remember dreams anymore, and I think it is because I do not get into deep enough sleep to get to REM and dream. Anyway, I woke up with my service dog licking my face. I must have been calling out or otherwise distressed because she has never done that in the year I have had her.

It does seem to help. Especially the burning.

However, now I know what everyone talks about with pain meds and constipation. I am taking colace (sp?) stool softener twice a day, but still am having problems, even with the small amount of methodone I am taking. How in the world do you all cope with taking these meds regularly? Doc also prescribed milk of magnesia and I had to resort to that a few days ago. I eat a lot of fiber and plenty of fluid, so that is not the issue.

I will continue to try to adjust to the methodone, as it is the first medication that has really helped me with the pain - some meds barely take the edge off, but this one does help more than that. When I go back to the doc in 3 weeks I will talk to her about using it as needed instead of all the time - why she wants me to do it this way. I am thinking it is because I have not been on strong pain meds for very long in the past, and it is a way for me to get used to it. Not sure though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-07-2010)