View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yes I certainly agree. There can be more than one thing going on. Just because you might have one thing, that doesn't mean that you can't also have another. I should have posted that also.

And of course, as we know, GB is an autoimmune disease (body attacking itself). Here is a good site concerning it.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gui...ndrome/DS00413

I know two friends who acquired it. One came out of it just fine. The other one could only move his eyes when he had it and he came out of it O.K. But he has never regained what he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Just my opinion, but based on my experience with sick patients:

It is not out of the realm of possibility that 2 things can be co-existent.

You could have an infectious thing going, (like Lyme or some other obscure pathogen), and have a genetic issue. The infectious process may accelerate symptoms or confound them.

GBS can occur following vaccines, or infections with some pathogens. So you may have both, one or the other. GBS is fast in onset and progression (weeks/days). A GI upset food poisoning from uncooked/poorly cooked chicken can lead to GBS. Tainted fish, can also give a toxin type poisoning. (I will be making a post on these parasites in the Subforum soon.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 05-07-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote