View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs up well done, Mari

good job getting those bills done. especially with sorting out the phone number thingie. i hope everything will go smoothly from here on out.

i don't do internet payment. i WILL not pull up account information of any sort (not even phone, banking??? forget THAT!!!) on a browser, not because i wouldn't be capable, but for security reasons.

it may seem paranoid to some of you, but... i'm in the software industry, for one thing, and i know there's a lot of stuff that can be done even when it "supposedly" can't. for another thing, identity theft is not a myth, it happens. lovely little spyware thingies of all different sorts are out there and new ones come out every minute. if your machine falls prey to one, it doesn't matter how "secure" (https, padlock shown on browser) the site you connect to is. and your anti-spyware program (provided you have one) is only as good as your last update, which is only as good as what the company making knew was in circulation AND had the time and resources to find a fix for. the fixes necessarily come out AFTER the little nasties do.

so... some things, things where security information is required OR displayed, i just won't do over the internet. period. no if ands or buts.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-07-2010), collinsc (05-08-2010), Dmom3005 (05-07-2010), Jomar (05-07-2010)