View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Parkinson's - Do symptoms come and go?

I have had some weird neurological symptoms come and go for the past six years. It all started with a bought of very stiff fingers that went away after a month and never came back...then the really weird stuff started:
1.) pins and needles sensation from my right knee cap down the front of my leg. It lasted 2.5 months. Went away and came back three more times at 6 month intervals.
2.) fuzzy vision in my left eye that comes and goes every two-three months and lasts anywhere from a couple days to several weeks.
3.) Episodes of having truble falling asleep. I will be dozing off any my entire body jerks away. This has happened three times (for a 2 month period) in the last 6 years.
4.) Woke up during one of the above episodes and my feet burned, pretty soon my legs burned and then it moved all over my body like someone had dipped me in acid. The intense pain lasted about a week and then faded into patches of moderate pain that came and went. This symptoms has reared it ugly head MANY times over the last three years, but never as bad as the first time.
5.) While driving in a car I noticed I felt shaky. I thought I needed food, but when I got out of the car my legs felt like jello. This wobbly feeling lasted only about an hour, but my back started hurting so bad and my legs ached like a tooth ache. Pretty soon this "internal tremor" as I call it was everywhere and lasted for about three weeks and went away. It didn't appear again for two years and now it is back worse than ever!

I have had every neurological test under the sun and nothing can be found. My thyroid has been checked and it is normal. The Rheumy says probably fibromyalgia, but I do have widespread pain as most people with fibro do. My GP says anxiety and I need to take an anti-depressant. Whatever!

I would like to know if Parkinson's symptoms can present as sensory issues and if Parkinson's symptoms tend to disappear for long periods of time and then come back unannounced in the early stages?

Sorry for the long post!

P.S. I am a 41 year old female (hormone fluctuations has crossed my mind, but my OGBYN says - "No, you are too young and here is a prescription for Zoloft!"
Earthquakeinme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote