View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default got my letter from alj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDIHelp View Post
Anythime you file a second claim after having the first denied by an ALJ they frequently go back to the first claim and give you back benefits from the date of your first claim.
Anyone who gets denied at an AL
J level should file a second calim if it can improve upon the first claim particularly if there is new evidence. A lot of times the second claim gets accepted while the first claim is still in the appeals cycle. I will send a post of an article I wrote for my website about filing a second claim.
Good luck and let us know what happens.
I got my letter from my alj today he said in the award that he reopened my case from feb 07 and after reviewing my file found that I was unable to work then also and he set my onset date to feb 06 and on the last page of the letter in the award part he put I was awared backpay to feb 06 so as fare as I can tell that means I will get payed back to that date he never said anything about my file date for this case only that he opens my old case so does anyone else know if he can do that and make them pay me for a closed case
thanks for your help
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote