View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Don't Wait for Death. Make the B*****d Work For It!

I've not posted on the forums much but I have been "lurking" to keep up. I feel very badly for all those experiencing such difficult times with being undiagnosed, their disease, their lives, and relationships. My thoughts and prayers of support are with you all.

I've continued to progress in disability and severity of symptoms since my last post. Funny how my relationship with two different neurology groups has come to a close. Both overtly admit there is nothing they can do, no sense for further appointments unless a severe acute situation develops. They refer me back to my PCP for "maintenance" to keep me comfortable etc.

I'm now using my power wheelchair in the house on a regular basis. I so hate to disappoint you all but I believe I won't be in the up coming Olympics, competing in Wall Walking and Furniture Bouncing. I'll be leaving it to the "newly diagnosed" to carry on. I do love my three wheel Pride Go-Go Elite power scooter. It affords me so much freedom and fits in the trunk of my car.

OK! Now, let's address the title of this post. I have some people in my life who feel I should, "take it easy," "don't over do," "back off, you're spending too much energy." What the h*** is that all about? I got sucked into that mentality for a whole two weeks and said, "life is too short for normal people why should I sit home waiting to die?" Yes, when I exert energy I pay a severe price but have found it to always be worth it.

Now, every single day my goal is to push the envelop, totally living my old Army Airborne/Ranger unit's motto, "Evaluate, Adapt, and Overcome." I am actively pursuing activities not thought "safe" for someone with my disease. Yes! I am going to make that b*****d Death work for it!

I surprised my wife on our 36th wedding anniversary with the fulfillment of her life long dream. On our 37th anniversary we are going on a two week round trip cruise from LA to and around the Hawaiian Islands and back to LA. Flying first class from Virginia to and from LAX, cruising on the Golden Princess in a Veranda Suite with balcony. Honestly? I didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer to do this with her.

Let me close by sharing with you to not wait to get your final situations in order. See a good Elder Law Estate Attorney, set up trusts, protect your assets and establish your final wishes NOW! Check your life insurance policies too. I found two life policies that have Disability Waiver of Premium riders I was not aware of. Filed against the insurance company and won full retro payment for all premiums back 94 months. Plus, no more premiums through age 65. So, don't wait, do it now.

Until next time my friends.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-08-2010), AfterMyNap (05-08-2010), barb02 (05-08-2010), Blessings2You (05-08-2010), Carolina (05-13-2010), Debbie D (05-10-2010), debw (05-10-2010), Dejibo (05-08-2010), diaba (05-08-2010), ewizabeth (05-08-2010), Grammie 2 3 (05-08-2010), hollym (05-09-2010), Jappy (05-11-2010), karousel (05-08-2010), Kitty (05-08-2010), Koala77 (05-11-2010), Lady (05-09-2010), Pink (05-11-2010), PolarExpress (05-08-2010), Riverwild (05-10-2010), SallyC (05-08-2010)