View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Symptoms

Hi Earthquake,
Yes, syptoms most certainly come & go, or just change.
I have had PD for 19 years now, so I have been able to observe the progression of symptoms.
I first experienced tremor on the LHS of my body. This faded and gait took over. I started dragging my left foot, and walking with smaller steps. The tremor has gone completely now, superceeded by my walking difficulties. Then getting up from a chair began to loom large, although this has also faded now. The main symptom that has breen with me since diagnosis is my walking. Even then, new symptoms have appeared like delay in initiation of movement. Another one that came and went was sleep. Years ago, I have been known to spend the entire night watching TV or on the computer. That has gone now, and last night I slept unbroken for 9 hours.
PD, although mostly occuring over 55 or so. can literally occur at any age. If your neuro says it is only with the elderly, you are well without him or her.
Other symptoms associated with PD are loss of sense of smell up to 4 years before motor symptoms occur. Your voice going softer, is another symptom. The developement of "cogwheel rigidity, where tour doc winds your arm round , looking for intermittant resistance.
Hope this helps.
Ron