View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Messing with the Mestinon (again)

OK, so I decided to try a day without the stuff. I'm still not conclusively diagnosed, and it would be helpful to feel completely convinced that the Mestinon is helping.

So, the results so far are...inconclusive. I do seem to be worse than usual without it, but not as dramatically as I'd expected. Maybe I still have some in my system. Maybe it's helping me long-term and not just symptomatically. Maybe I'm having a "good day." Maybe I'm resting too much. Who the heck knows.

Some days I forget to take a pill at the right time and get really weak. Then I take it, and half an hour later I feel better. That seemed to be the pill working. Today, I felt OK until around noon, and then got really weak. I didn't take a pill--waited a half hour--and got better. Humph.

Maybe I shouldn't be experimenting on my own, but (most of you will sympathize) my doctor simply isn't as interested in my case as I am. It's not his life. I'll never forget his laughing at me when I brought in a list of written questions. The look on his face was like, "Wow, you're really taking this seriously, aren't you!" Yup, Doctor, I am.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote