Thread: azilect
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default web site

Mary Frances, this site is authored by a philosopher, David Pearce, who is deeply interested in drugs to enhance life. He sounds seriously weird to me, and though some of the info is his interpretation, i have not found glaring inaccuracies in the pharmacology aspects. Discussions concerning age extensions, etc. i ignore. He also discusses "ladostigil" which Dr. Youdim introduced at the WPC meeting in 2006 (i think) in wash DC which i have read nothing about since. .
http://www.rasagiline.com/

In addition, my husband has been taking it a very long time. He first started on 1200 mgm CoQ10 daily and added Azilect 1 mg/day within 6 months of diagnosis. We have no idea if it is good bad or indifferent. I do know it has many many drug interactions. if one needs surgery the drug must be stopped 2 weeks prior to the surgery. makes for nail biting experience when the procedure is an emergency--must trust the anesthetist knows all about MAO B inhibition and anesthetics. one cannot take antihistamines for example (ie cannot take the dextromethorphan several patients are using). and many other meds.

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson

Last edited by olsen; 05-08-2010 at 04:52 PM.
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote