View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got denied 3 times via mail... and when i was first filing i think i was still trying to work part time... they never used that as a reason for denying me. it was always because i was so young (20 when i started applying) and because i wasn't blind... once i got to the trial stage, it didn't take very long at all to get the hearing, i initially went in by myself... but the judge said i should get a lawyer.. and reset the case for 6 months later. my lawyer thought i'd have issues winning because of my age as well, but as soon as the judge asked me how my life was pre rsd and then post rsd... i pretty much started balling after the first sentence. I had also written like a 5 page statement describing what kind of a person i was pre and then post and how my life changed and stuff... but as soon as i was able to spit out enough words the judge said off the record that there was no way i was losing. and even still... i've been working part time for the last year since i started getting my ketamine infusions and the trial work period is only i believe 6-9 months... granted you have to show that you make enough to support yourself, which i don't, so they still haven't taken away my ssd. my ssi payments they have, but that wasn't even $200 a month.. i don't make enough for them to decrease the ssd monthly checks. and even if they were to eliminate them due to making too much money, i'd still be able to get the medicare/medical. and if there came a time in which i needed to stop working again i'd be able to get the monthly checks started back up again because with rsd its perminant disability... so they don't ever take it away and make you start all over again. good luck tho. i know its a hard thing to deal with... but at least once its won you get back pay from the time you initailly filed, and its such a great feeling of triumph once they see things your way. i'll keep my fingers crossed for u!
hope4thebest (05-08-2010)