Old 05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Hey mrsD, you said this:

And MelodyL (the overachiever ) says that hers is 2000.

I'm not clear on exactly what number we're shooting for on the B12 level. When I first started my search for PN answers, I tested at +800 without supplementation. So is it correct to think that lack of B12 is not a contributing factor to my PN cause in my case? And if it's not, can getting my B12 higher still help?

Sorry if you've already gone over this...if I missed it, you can give me some study hall detentions if you want.

Hi. Just wanted to add my two cents.

I went on Methyl B-12 because I had gone to my podiatrist and he used some vibrating gadget on my toes after he cut the nails.

Well!!!!! I actually almost kicked that man. My toes were vibrating like CRAZY!!

And he was going : 'Good , good, you have feeling, that's good"

I'm looking at him like he was crazy. I said 'what on earth are you babbling about, you did this to me, are you nuts, my feet are TINGLING."

He then said "yeah, but you have FEELING".

Let me tell you, I NEVER WANT THAT FEELING EVER AGAIN. It lasted all day. I immediately went to the store to buy Methyl B-12 (because I knew all about it from going on these boards).

Couldn't find it anywhere. And any doctor I told this too, completely pooh poohed my taking Methyl B-12.

I finally went online and began taking it. And the funny thing, is a few days later I dropped a bottle of soda on my foot AND THE BUZZING almost drove me nuts.

I said "this is what Alan lives with???"

As soon as the Methyl B-12 came (I had initally bought the 1000) At least this is what I remember. And I began taking it . I knew within a week that I had to up the dose.

The results were amazing.

Now I already knew I had (what the docs at Cornell told me ), the beginning of neuropathy in the tips of my toes. No pain, no nothing, just a bit numb when theydid the filament test on the tips of my toes when I was in the Accord diabetes protocol at Cornell.

So flash forward a while and the podiatrist is using this tool and I jump out of the chair. (I will never forget this as long as I live).

So I've been on Methyl B-12 for about 2 years now. Could even be more. I have no idea. I don't care either.

I have complete feeling in my feet, and even better, when the podiatrist does my feet, I let him use that vibrating tool and I didn't jump out of the chair. Yeah, it tickled but I could stand it.

So my nerves on not HYPER SENSITIVE.

Thank god for Methyl B-12, Rose, and our lovely Mrs. D.

And right now, here in Brooklyn, NY, we are probably going to be having a hurricane because the wind outside is blowing everything into my window and around my kitchen.

This is happening in MAY??
lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (05-08-2010)