Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hmmm...Would this mean that someone who is not typically physically active would not develop PCS? So there are no pre-injury couch potatos out there with PCS?

And what would the time factor be? 3 weeks post-injury? Would that be long enough to become de-conditioned?

If this is the case then the usual recommendations of complete rest would be totally wrong.

On some levels it makes a lot of sense: blood vessels "forget" how to move blood around as effectively; fewer endorphins mean worse moods. But on other levels I'm not convinced: people who try to "power through" seem to have more symptoms.

Perhaps this is more true for people who don't have any other issues (i.e. hormones, optic nerves, vestibular, nutritional deficiencies, etc).

I'm certainly not a doctor and I really have no idea. Just some ramblings here...I am so excited to hear back from you guys after you visit U of B. I'm particularly excited to hear what kind of testing they do to make sure there aren't any other issues going on and what they have to say about susceptibility to future injury.

Thanks for sharing!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote