View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Cymbalta Story

I have been taking Cymbalta (60mg daily) together with Gabopentin (900mg daily) to help deal with the neuropathy pain in my feet for about 4 years now. Due to what I believed to be the negative side effects of Cymbalta (tired all the time, decreased libido, weight gain, lack of motivation to work out, ...), last week I went cold turkey and just stopped taking Cymbalta, to see if the Gabapentin alone would be enough to keep the pain at bay. All week I have been in a constant fog, have been more tired than I have ever been, and have been getting the brain zaps and tingling in my arms on a regular basis. I have never felt so out of it in my life. As for the pain, for the first 3 or 4 days, I felt no different than when I was taking the Cymbalta. I figured if I could make it through the fog another week or so, the cloud would start to lift and the brain zaps would eventually go away. On nights 4 & 5, the pain started coming, probably equal to the worst nights I have when I was on both meds. Even still, I figured if I could hold out another week or so, I would be ok. Then this afternoon came - I was so agitated I was yelling at my kids (4, 6 & 8) for things I would just brush off in the past. Every little thing they did had me worked up like I have never been worked up before. I felt like such a bad Dad. Then the pain in my feet hit - pain like I have never experienced in the past. It was so bad, I was practically screaming in pain. To make a long story short, I popped a Cymbalta. It is now five hours later and I feel like a normal human being again and the pain has subsided. I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Just thought I'd share - thanks for listening!
MartyD19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EdmundUK (04-08-2016)