View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default you are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2claws View Post
Hi Im quite new here but have found everyone here to be so helpful. I have had CRPS for 2 1/2 years now. I was holding a horse whilst he was having dental treatment and I ended up with a damaged brachial plexus which led to CRPS, which has since spread throughout my body.

I also only have one arm - my lower right arm is missing (from birth). I wear a prosthetic limb and it operates from a band (on hook) and wire mechanism that attaches to a strap that goes round my left shoulder. Basically as I push limb forward it braces against my opposite shoulder and opens, then as I relax the bands close the hook. Having CRPS has made this more challenging to say the least.

I was just wandering if there were any other CRPS sufferers out there with missing limbs. When I read about CRPS it freaks me out to read about amputations.......

I try to keep positive, though some days it is so hard, sometimes too hard. My horse riding (dressage) is what keeps me going - it equates to 3 dimensional physiotherapy but far more fun . I still have my dream of representing NZL at the London Paralympics 2012 in the Para Equestrian. I guess this dream is what keeps me going and of course the love and support from my son (8) and friends.
i happened to read your thread and wanted to wish you luck in representing nzl in 2012. i cant fathom how you can bear the pain from the bands and then the riding. That is incredible.
smallfry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
2claws (05-10-2010)