View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default whew

(((Collinsc, Di, Steve,)))

thank you all for your support. means much to me.

(((Beth & Mari)))

thanks for staying with me. i appreciate that, too.

DiMarie
how sad that you have lost so much of your family. i cannot imagine. it scares me.

as far as medicine containers, there aren't half the contraptions here as there are in the US. my mom bought a day pouch for insulin but it doesn't stay cold enough for long. it may, possibly, save us 1 dose. for the rest, we will have to buy the medication, use it and toss it at least a couple of times. looks like there are enough pharmacies at least.

Beth
i did get some sleep. although my dad woke upturned on bright lights in my room and had the fax/copier going beeep beeep beeep beeep. he couldn't wait! he wanted to copy something to give his brother. we are not leaving until tomorrow. but he is mister do things yesterday, and forget who stayed up till when doing what, just wake everybody up with light and sound. made me so mad, and then i also felt bad for being mad.

Mari
yes, i understand him wanting to go regardless. i really don't think there is a problem. i think if there were, the post-op instructions would have been more explicit. i think my mother will feel better hearing it from the surgeon though. that is ok. she is freaking out about this, and how to get medication and keep it cold and administer it 4 times a day too. this is "her thing."

i booked us a room at a bed and breakfast that has a fridge. it has ADSL too, but for a night, and with such murky plans and possibly having to carry our bags around a lot on foot, i don't think i'll bring the laptop. the place is walking distance to the subway, to the church, and has a private bath. the photos of the rooms look nice. there were no reviews on this one, but other suitable ones were booked. well, no reviews are better than bad reviews. i really hope it is clean!!!

my parents just left to pick up the train tickets. i am frankly glad for a few hours of solitude/peace, and at the same time terrified of never seeing them again. i want a lorazepam. i can't have one.

now i have to go wash dishes and myself, and figure out clothes. oh yeah and iron pants.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-09-2010), Brokenfriend (05-10-2010), collinsc (05-09-2010), Dmom3005 (05-09-2010)