View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Newcomer who found relief from O.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieke Taz View Post
Hi! A newcomer to this message board! I have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, and it is located pretty much in one spot. Am interested in meeting others who have found some answers. It can be quite painful, at times.

Mieke Taz
I have suffered with occipital neuralgia for three years. I am a registered nurse and haven't been able to work for the last two years. It took me about two years to finally get properly diagnosed, once diagnosed i went through countless treatments and medications. As my o.n. progressed to three to four attacks a week and the pain being almost unbearable I decided to do some research on if a tooth could be a main cause of my o.n. Through my research I found that a bad tooth can be a cause. I had a tooth which had a root canal several years ago and the tooth had been bothering me for some time and on occasions i would develop an abcess, the tooth was on my left side and that was the side my o.n was on. I decided to have the tooth pulled and l couldn't believe how much better I felt and as the site healed my o. n. gradually went away! So have your teeth checked, it seems so simple
but you have nerves that branch off your teeth and eventualy connects to the occipital nerve. I feel so much better that I am now looking to go back to work. A med that also helped with the pain was Maxalt XL 10mg also prayer works great too.
freedom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote