Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face sorry for confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
check again about the requirements for keeping the medicine cold.
OOPS. i caused confusion with the insulin pouch (best container mom could find). the med is not insulin. it is a post-op cortisone/antibio solution. i can only speculate that the refrigeration might be for sterility, but the pharmacists did confirm it needed to be stored as spec'd on the box, at 2-8 C.
Quote:
Here is one of my techniques for travel: I make a packing list a day or two before I leave. Then after I pack and am heading out the door I check the list. This cuts down on anxiety.
hehe. i always do this too. usually on paper - once in excel. this time in my mail, since my laptop is like Plan Central right now. funny how just doing that really does defuse anxiety, doesn't it?
Quote:
And truthfully, the only thing that needs to be packed 100% is meds. Everything else can be bought at destination and even the meds can be bought with a little hassle.
ordinarily yes. in this case no time for shopping. we will HAVE to buy dad's med periodically - i have already prepped the pharmacy map.

but my meds are on that list! the only psych one is my benzo and i might skip it. i am down to 3 drops qd anyway. i might just bring a lorazepam tab and take smidgeon of it to help sleep that night instead i think i could use it.

Quote:
So bring your comfortable shoes and take care of yourself.
WAAAAHHHH... shoes are a problem. the ones i would want need repair. i will be using a pair that need less repair, so won't have irreparable damage done with my using them. at least they are comfy enough.
Quote:
I'll be thinking of you.
thank you Mari. you are a dear.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-09-2010), Dmom3005 (05-09-2010)