Thread: BBB dysfunction
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

peggy-

Talk to your GP about your concern. Antibiotics come in families and if you restrict yourself to a single one you should be OK. Among the antibiotics for which anecdotal evidence exists are amoxicillin. penicillin VK. minocycline. teramycin. I think these are from a single family but I may be wrong. If he goes along with this, please keep us informed.

-rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Ron
In my case, there is definitely something to this inflammation theory. Due to the broken foot this past winter, I have to take Amoxicillin before having dental work or cleaning. When I take the four capsules, within hours and for the next 3-4 days, I am almost asymptomatic!

I feel that my PD would be totally under control if I took antibiotics regularly. The problem with this is what would happen to me if I had a severe infection after taking these antibiotics? I know there are more powerful ones, but then I would build up an immunity to those. So what do you suggest? What kind of testing is needed?

Peg
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote