Thread: Skin Pain
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel the Burn View Post
It also could be a SMALL FIBER NEUROPATHY<, dont blame everything on Fibro,, talk to a Neuro and ask about a skin biopy test,,, (punch Biopsy),, my arms burn all the time,, my fingers and hands burn,, and it was chalkedup to fibro till a punch biopsy showed reduced nerve fibers,,, does he feel like hes burning ,, do his legs feel cold for no reason,, or feelings like water running down his leg when there is none,,, again,, dont let them blame it all on fibro
There is a painless non-invasive sensory nerve test that evaluates the functional integrity of the small fibers which are measured by the skin punch biopsy test and also evaluates the functional integrity of the large sensory nerve fibers which have their conduction in an isolated peripheral segment tested by the Nerve Conduction Velocity test. This test is the Neurometer Current Perception Threshold Evaluation- it has hundreds of peer reviewed scientific publications documenting its validity. Before submitting to painful, invasive, expensive and nerve tests for small or large fiber neuropathy, I would recommend you ask a Neuro for a Neurometer evaluation.
Jefferson Katims is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (05-23-2010), numbum46 (06-30-2010), RhiannonsMoon (06-29-2010), tamiloo (05-10-2010)