Thread: Employment
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jobs: so it seems I cant do much for long and like you need to change often. I have not tried out too much but I know I wont be able to go back to my normal work - and most jobs seem to be all computer work. Which... seems to harm my hands. What do you do?

To your questions: I have read about TOS. I have been in contact with Cyndy - off another board who told me to come here and talk to you I plan on mentioning to my therapist Wed AM this week. She found my tennis elbow last time I saw her and gave me a theracane to try to get the trigger points in my neck. So far she is just on my hand/wrist area. I dont have all of the symtpoms that TOS says.... I walked a lot in March and got a nerve in my hip/leg flared up and mad at me.

I have been trying alot of stuff but its still there. I am not sure if its related so I will ask her about this The doctor who saw me, orthopedic has not seen me yet past the first time. I will see what she says - she is a hand therapist. She dont like to tell me things - I sometimes feel like I am being psyched out. I asked why she put cortisone in ultra sound gel and she didnt answer till I got annoyed the 3d time. Its all a freaking game, IMO. Are all RSI's caused by TOS?

How long have you had RSIs?
I had a major flare up in August 2008. I had it beofre in JUly but I went on a vacation and it went away. didnt think much of it. Came back to work and it flared right up bad! Worse its ever been. I stop before it gets that way. Even now. If you have a personal email I can send you more of an explanation - I dont want to post all the person info online. sorry.

Is it in the new stages or has it been years ?
Uh.. I guess a year, going on 2. when I pinch my fingers together it cramps up asap. I wake up and my hand is tight, stiff. I have aches now cuz I am using it. before I was not as much. I dont work, since I was laid off while having a w/c claim. so its hard to test it out. I know i cant use a mouse. Tried that. Touch pads work - but my hand gets tired hovering over the mouse pad and keyboard. Then I just get this tightness in my neck and upper back. Its intense at times. I have to stop. Its like its bunching up. I try to keep my posture straight.

I have had shooting pain - which was dull and not sharp, like an ache up my arm when working. Now, I had it one night. laundry, cleaned up a bit, vaccumed and then rested. In bed it was hard to get comfy. Never had this before from what I could remember. Also my pinky and ring finger was numb one day waking up now that I am using it I am seeing my symtpoms increase. I wished this crap was inthe workers comp claim.... no doctor ever looked past my wrist. never touched my elbow.. nothing more.

So.. any help is greatly appreciated. I dont think i will get SSDI since I am 33. I just don tknow what type of work to look at. Everyone just shrugs their shoulders. No one seems to know anything. The therapist wants to try H wave therapy on me this time around. Any thoughts? I read on this stuff and nothing seems to really help others - then Cyndy told me it put her down for weeks. =?

Thanks
luna11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote