View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default bit fo FYI: steroids can cause reversible-dementia

Nicky,
Thanks so much for this!!! I can totally relate to making lists to remember even the most basic things. I still have to make a list daily for fear of forgetting something really important. I just finished todays list before getting on here. Like you said thank goodness it is reversible once the steroids are stopped. I wish Drs would make people aware of this when they put them on steroids. I honestly thought I was losing my mind and had a glimpse into how it must feel to have dementia or alzheimers. It is very frightening. My grandma had alzheimers and I remember her getting so defensive when someone would correct something she had said or done. I couldn't understand that at the time but now know she must have been so scared not understanding what was happening. It seems like I find more reasons everyday to get off the pred as soon as possible. I worry about the long term effects after seeing how quickly serious side effects come on in such a short time. Can't wait to be steroid free!!!!
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (05-10-2010)