View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I've been thinking about that summer job. Vibration from tools, has been shown to cause neuropathies.

Check this out:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2829347

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...bf2f9c889ae6e5

and there are others ..some PDF, which won't open for me for some reason. If you search Google for vibration induced neuropathy you will find one about forestry workers.

Another thing to consider about that summer job, is pesticide exposure. You might have been exposed to chemicals put on lawns from those lawn treatment companies. Many of these chemicals are potential neuropathy triggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mite View Post
Hey Lynch,

Your symptoms sounds very similar to mine just minus the whole crash part. I was first told cubital tunnel, then carpal, etc..

Have you tried any physical therapy? What i found was i had very tense Scalene muscles and pronator muscles resulting in mechanical problems due to scar tissue etc..
The therapy that gives me instant relief is Active Release Techniques along with Graston tools. they work to break down the scar tissue and release any entraped nerves. IT hurts like hell but it works. There must be a massage therapist or chiropractor that specializes in soft tissue therapy and nerve entrapment in your area.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote