View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi

Hi Kris,

It is possible that you are suffering with orthostatic intolerance. In basic laymans terms when you stand up your blood pressure drops, the same would happen if you went from squatting to standing. Giving you a feeling of weakness and feeling faint / dizzy.

Mestinon is actually used in the treatment of this disorder as it increases your blood pressure when standing. The Mayo Clinic has been using it since about 2004.

Do you have a BP monitor? It would be interesting to conduct what is known as a poor man's tilt table test. Lay on a bed or sofa for ten minutes and then take your BP. In the time prior to taking your BP about 30 minutes do not drink, eat or smoke it will affect your reading. On standing take your BP, then again at 2, 5 and 10 mins. Does your BP drop by 20 30 mmhg? What does your heart rate do? Does it increase or decrease? If your BP drops its showing you have Postural orthastatic intolerance - has to drop by the amounts quoted (brain fog can't remember if its 20/30) .

Its quite common to develop autonomic dysfunction with an autoimmune disease.

I only know about this as I am having problems myself. My BP is low all the time, see stars when I stand up. My BP increases on standing by over 30 mmhg and my pulse increases by over 30 beats per minutes. So it looks like I have POTS.

Im not a Dr, but I think it would be a great idea for you to check out DINET, just type that into google. Its a fantastic forum with loads of information on it.

On another note make sure you drink a glass of water before getting up in the morning or if you have been sitting for a period of time.

It would also be very wise to speak to your Doctor as there are a whole host of other disorders that can give you low blood pressure and it would be extremely wise to rule these out.

I hope this helps. You aren't alone.

Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote