View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PN in healthy 19 year old male symptoms help

hi i have what my doctor has said is a type of peripheral neuropathy and really don't know much about the topic.

I have no one in my family's history with any form of neuropathy, tremor, or neurological problem.

It started in March 2009 during a heavy weight lifting session, which I have not been able to get back to since. I felt a pull in my left elbow which with the research I've done was my ulnar nerve. For 3 months it was just annoying tendonitis(golfers elbow) in my left arm, then in july the tendonitis popped up in the other when I had been doing nothing but running at the time. In August 2009 I began having fasciculations in arms only. Then in October, frusturated with tendonitis and wanting to get back to lifting I asked my orthopedic if he thought it was my nerves, I got an emg which showed Ulnar entraptment in both arms. Then in November the fasciculations went all over my body. In december, trying to avoid surgery(still no lifting since march) I felt a tingling in both feet, 4 days later tremors in every muscle in my body. After that I saw one neuro in ann arbor, mi that said it was "nothing to worry about" and my tremors were a result of the adderall 20 mg I was taking twice a day, I went off meds and tremors stayed. Three weeks later I got a Brain and cervical MRI which showed nothing CNS. I am now at a new neuro but couldn't see one for a few months because of no rides(from feb-april) there. I got a new car and am seeing one in ypsilanti, mi now who said "it's a form of peripheral neuropathy, we just have to try and find out what it is." My tendonitis went away in October about 3 weeks after finding out about the nerves, tingling has little by little worsened, no pain but numness in the left pinky toe is completely numb. My nerves are still pinched in elbows and I have unexplainable tingling in my carpal digits. The feet tingle regardless and fall asleep sometimes now, but I still run about 3 miles a day and it doesn't effect them, my hands only tingle when I've been very active like they would with a pinched nerve, otherwise just pain in elbows. Sometimes when i crack my neck(I know bad, but addicting) I get shooting pains down my arms, which he can't explain either. Tremors are worse in hands and feet but are everywhere else, when i get nervous my face starts twitching all over, but tremors are constant and also feel like their slowly getting worse. Fasciculations are all over my body, sometimes not that often, other days 2 every five minutes. Tingling never hurts just feel "staticy" and annoying.

My neuro is running all kinds of tests and have only seen him for the MRI and go back in tomorow to find out about all the blood tests run.

This is really effecting my life at this point I'm very depressed to not lift, but more so scared to death of what could happen.

any ideas?

and can any of you with PN tremors tell me if they keep getting worse? I can't imagine my life 5 years from now if this is going to progress.

ANY INSIGHT GREATLY APPRECIATED.

ps i am in great shape was 6'6 198 in march 09 am now 6'6 185 with no lifting used to lift 5 times a week and run almost daily, eat well and very low body fat.

thanks, mike
mikerobinson41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote