View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Most combination products have doses that are not what you would like to have.

Since you are taking that new Sugar Control cap, you don't need the chromium, and I wonder if you really need milk thistle.

I take everything separately. Always have. Most of what you listed is not even expensive. I break my supplements up into 3 times a day, so none are taken all at once.

The more you add to a combo product the larger the pills, and the more numerous. Some combo products you take 6 or 8 a day! So it is many pills any way you look at it!
Yeah, I hear you!!

I don't take the chromium because it is in that Blood Sugar thing that I take. And the reason I take milk thistle is, well, I read that it gives your liver a break when you are diabetic.

I read that when a person has dawn phenomenon and their sugar is a bit higher in the a.m. then it is all during the day (today my sugar was 92, and the other day I managed to get 86 (coooool!!!!)

So when I was in the ACCORD program, I told them "why on earth is my sugar high when I haven't eaten all night, I just slept".???? and the doctor said "oh that's your liver" and I said "there's something wrong with my liver??" and she said "oh no, don't worry, your liver is just fine, it's just that .....and I'll never remember exactly what she said but she said the liver does something during the night, and she wasn't against my taking milk thistle".

Do you have anything against milk thistle? or am I just throwing my money away?

Just curious.

Melody
P.S. I don't drink liquor in any way shape or form. Never have. It's not my thing. I know that one glass of wine in the evening is good for the heart but for me to go out and buy a bottle of wine , well, it would have to be served in a glass, and Alan can't drink, so I'd be all along drinking my wine, and WHO WANTS to do that?

So no liquor in my house.

I just like to have a nice healthy body (well, as healthy as I can be for my age anyway!!!!)

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote