View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

People who have liver disease, hepatitis, or viral inflammation do well on milk thistle. But if your liver function is normal, then it is just "extra". Take it or leave it.

The dawn phenomenon is when you dip low during the night fast, and the liver then responds (as it should) to make more glucose from glycogen or amino acids from protein you ate.

It is normal really. The dawn phenom. is more pronounced in people using insulin, or who eat alot of carbs at dinner. I keep a Zone bar handy at night, if I wake up at 4am starving. I have one then. I personally think all people as they age, lose flexibility with insulin...and I think some of the extreme interventions for every little detail, are over kill...but that is my opinion. Older people are not going to have the blood sugars and fasting ability of youngsters. Why expect them too? I am not talking about "extremes" but I think medicine is too strict and daily comfort (and money) are sacrificed to hold to arbitrary numbers. The strict arm of the ACCORD study proved that one! Holding diabetics to a too low A1C killed them!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote