View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Debbie,

I'm sorry that you are having such bad days. I honestly don't see how you will get by without meds with RSD. I guess there are some that do but I think it depends on what stages they are in and how calmed down they have it. Mine is pretty calm except for a couple of places so I take Methadone for pain and I am on a very low dosage but I cannot do without it.

I just wanted to say on the warm water bath. Watch that you don't get it too hot. There are some that hot water makes the pain worse, I am one of them. I have heard others say so. Mine might be for other reasons but if I get my water too hot I go into a worse pain cycle.

Also get some heating pads to use for each arm. I found mine at the Goodwill and put new covers on them. They don't have to cost a fortune.

I don't remember if you have the TOS but that will keep you from getting any rest with those arms until you get help with that.

I do feel for you. I have seen those days you are having. I had years of them too. Crying and Screaming for help. My Dr. always told me to soak in a long hot bath and use heating pads. He was really pacifiing me until we got diagnoses. IT didn't help me that much but hopefully it will do you a lot of good.

Also watch with the Aleve. IT does help with the pain but it will cause you stomach problems if you take it too much.

Feel better soon.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote