View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We're all in this together!

ol'cs
We've hung around this place since Mike Fox first went public - maybe even before then. I may be considered one of the "fortunate" ones, but nobody knows what goes on in my daily walk (sometimes crawl) with PD.

Yep, I was there when Michael J. Fox testified before the Senate , and the big researcher who has made major breakthroughs with stem cells said "Yes, if funded Parkinson's can be cured in five years!" That was 10 years ago. And Fox Foundation has poured over $93 million alone into research for PD.

You and I both know Parkinson's is more than a deficiency in dopamine; and it will take more than simple dopamine replacement to cure it.

I still have family, but they don't always understand me - I guess I put on a good front. I overhear "plans" about me and my future that I don't like - but I am at the mercy of this disease - EXCEPT for this: hope. If you give up hope you may as welll throw it all away. and we (the PD community) NEED you! You have a science background, you're smart enough to help fight this battle, and you can help others cope who are just stepping over the threshhold of "advanced PD."

Curse it, pray about it, fight it, or whatever you have to do, but DON'T GIVE IN TO IT!

We're in this TOGETHER - now let's not break our hold. Email me, PM me, call me, whatever you have to do, but don't leave me to fight this all alone.

Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote