Thread: Colonoscopy
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Toull de just fine

The test, itself, is a piece o'cake. Exactly as my gastroent Dr told me, I felt nothing during or after and he did remove some polyps - cutting did occur. You are sedated. In fact. after mine was done and I woke up, I asked the nurse if we were finally going to get started -lol. The prep is a little different. This starts abou 8 hours before the test.

if you know the nurses or if they're trying to humor you, erase your apprehesion. they'll give you a normal glass full of 'water'. As you drink it, you'll find it tasteless and only very slightly denser than water. Drinking it all is very easy. Then, they bring in the rest of it A little over a gallon. You have to down it all.

About 1/3 thru, you'll need to continue drinking, but in a different room All output from the test site must be completely clear, i.e. colorless. Towards the end, you'll swear you've discovered a new path, directly from your mouth to the exit point! Input and output are over in a blink. Seriously, the worst is some stomach discomfort - we generally don't drink that much liquid in such a short period!

I went in with same feelings you have. I wouldn't run right out and have one every day, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. It would have been easier if I had know the size of the container of the liquid I had to drink was! You'll do fine; promise, I'l be thinking of you and mentally sending yoiu encouragement.
5280Katie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaime_S (05-12-2010)