View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Great thread

Love, love, love this thread. So happy to see this. I mean, so very sad to see everyone else go through this too.

Personally I have always called these "SHUT DOWNS" for me. As it feels, looks and hears like my system is literally shutting down with the shakes, a high fever, massive headache, increased or decreased BP, saturate clothing from swetting, thirst, then nausea, throwing up and a worse h/a. I used to go to the ER when it became uncontrollable for morphine. Then told by my Neuro/Pain Management doc that I was rewarding my system. But, thats all I knew to control the sx's.

So, if I kinda know what is going to trigger the beast & or the sx's start to rise:
1. I drink tons of cool water to keep my system regulated
2. Sitz baths/showers (thats a given when I take a shower now-a-days, always end in cool from the tip top of your head down to your toes)
3. take a short acting opiod immediately
4. Move, by means of the stationary bike or visulizng I am riding
5. Then sleep it off for days
6. Then start all over getting strong and healthy again

I have deducted there are a handful of things that bring it on. After a decade you start paying attention and using precautions to minimize the SHUT DOWNS or get them before they get you. And I'm still learning THANKS to you~all for sharing, understanding Im not alone to finding a resolve or near one.

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-11-2010)