View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk new user

not quite sure what to put in here. on 12/5/09 i walked to work just around the block from my house. i was at work for a half hour and my left foot went numb then within a few minutes the rest of my leg all the way to my hip went numb. and my ankle kept turning outward and i kept falling i could not walk right then pain started in my thigh. went to er and ruled out a blood clot they set me up with a neurologist who thought it was a possibility of a psciatic nerve, went to neurosurgeon who seen me for 10 minutes without even touching me and said it was diabetic neuropathy and i could go back to work. i went back and kept falling down and my ankle and foot was swelled up. my work asked if i could work a whole day by myself {i am a cashier, that takes care of three different counters and its fast paced, and the floor is made of tiles that are uneven which is why i kept falling}i told my boss that she may want to have someone on stand by in case i could'nt finish my shift she called our big boss and he said to get rid of me, but that after i was better i could come back because i was one of the best employees that they ever had. sorry enough about that. guess i am still a little ticked off about that. went back to the neurologist for another nerve conduction test and it was worse than the first one. I have now been diagnosed with peripheral polyneuropathy with drop foot. thanks for listening. looking forward to being a member.
kittkatt1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote