View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to the forum. I am the mother of a 15 year old equestrian who received a concussion last October. Her story is much less dramatic than yours - she stepped on the end of an arena rake and whacked her self in the head. Tomorrow will be the 7 month mark. The recovery has been long and slow. Most of her cognitive issues seem to be resolving. I think there are some lingering executive function and mental stamia issues - but the memory and rentention are so much better. On a physcial level - she still has headaches - though decreasing in severity. The fatigue is finally getting better - though he mornings are still tough for her and still only makes it to afternoon classes or her tutor. This too has started to improve the past 3 weeks. I think the NUCCA chiropractor is making a difference.

You've read two books that I would recommend. The other two that I like are:

Head Games: Football's Concussion Crisis from the NFL to Youth Leagues

and

Over My Head: A Doctor's Own Story of Head Injury from the Inside Looking Out by Claudia L. Osborn

The first half of the football book has a good source of information relating to concussions in general. The book is currently out of print - but I think it's due out again soon.

My advice would be to listen to your body and take it easy. Can you afford to take a couple of weeks off from work and just rest?
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote