Old 05-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default morning

((( Donna & Beth )))

nice to see you.

Donna that is a good idea about steering dad towards his own issues - because current ones are completely different. the stuff my dad was talking about to my cousin were considerations on his brother (our uncle) that are also applicable to the brother (my cousin's dad) who died... not what he died of, but, ok the conversation was about why the one brother is not coming to the funeral and went something like... "well at this age [OUCH], what can you expect [OUCH! hello??? death???], and he smoked so much for so long [OUCH] ..." i can't step on his foot when we are in person unfortunately. dad is not really steerable. i mean i can try, but mostly we'll just have to hope for the best.

Beth i did not sleep very well. but that is ok, i am ok.

----------

this morning i had a misadventure with the Nespresso maker in the room. dad got coffee and then the room got the water that was supposed to go into making mom's and mine. i don't know what happened. the machine stopped putting water out of the spout, and for some reason started putting it into the overflow area "from inside" - so i didn't notice until it overflowed from the overflow. then we had to empty that in the bathroom and it spilled of course... arggghhH!!! and our host was worried about KIDS making a mess. leave it to me to screw up a Nespresso maker. sigh. and i am coffee less.

i hope nobody has to go to the bathroom because i used nearly all the toilet paper mopping up.

still nervous. i don't know if we will get to spend time with the relatives or not after the function. my aunt is in very bad shape apparently and who can blame her. one cousin seemed fairly ok - hanging on - the one i spoke to on the phone before leaving. she was glad for the call sent greetings to everyone. but twice my dad talked to my cousin (the one from last night) and he all but fell apart so... they may not be up to really "hanging out" with people just at the moment.

i wonder if they have the autopsy results yet. we all would like to know what happened. there is a chance things precipitated from being told to stay in bed (he was told he could not even to go to bathroom! ) due to a femoral hairline fracture. ten days of that he had no more leg pain but a swollen knee. we don't know if there was bruising or what that was. but his cardio saw him and said that it was because of his resting and that he needed exercise. week later heart attack and "other stuff" the docs were unclear about - themselves apparently, since an autopsy had to be requested to get any answers.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-11-2010), Dmom3005 (05-11-2010)