View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

HI! I'm in NC and wwe have record highs already. By far the heat is the worst trigger for my MG. My neuro plainly and simply told me to just stay home. I keep my house too chilly for most folks but it suits me fine. I learned first hand the first summer after my diagnosis while at a SC beach--heat is my enemy. I increase my mestinon by one dose if I know I absolutely have to be outdoors (with my doc's blessing, of course). My son's birthday is in July and my daughters in in September, so as much as I would like to be a professional hermit during the summer months, I cannot. I am blessed in that I am on disability and do not have to brave the elements daily, so I am most thankful for that. My advice is just stay in as much as possible and EDUCATE your friends and family so that they understand what health risks you are facing. Most people have never hears of MG, much less understand it. They may make assumptions that you are being unsociable ar are just being lazy. I ran into that A LOT!!! But the ones who matter most to me finally get it, and I have their full suppoprt. Best of luck to you!!
herecomesred2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote