Thread: Rsd
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My husband has RSD, diagnosed in Oct. '09 after surgery on two severed nerves in his hand (his own doing with a table saw). For a while, the vibration from riding in a car caused him to spike to a 7 or 8.

Since Feb. or March he has been in what I would call partial remission. I say partial because his fingers are still sometimes cooler than on his other hand, but his other symptoms, including and especially the pain, are gone.

While I would love to close him off in a room where he would be safe from anything that might cause his symptoms to come back, he has no interest in living that kind of life so I grit my teeth and encourage him to do as much as he wants to do.

Recently that has included shoveling, hoeing, pounding nails, rototilling, lawn work (mowing and weedeating) and any other rough-and-tumble activity he decides he wants to do. All of these involve varying degrees of vibration and I have agonized over his trying each and every one. So far though, his pain and symptoms are staying away.

From reading other posts on this site, my guess is that most will say that symptoms can come back for the tiniest of reasons and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. I hate to think that after eight years an MRI would cause your symptoms to return, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that was the case.

You'll find lots of great advice and wise people on this site. Even with my husband doing so well, I come back here daily to stay as informed as possible. It's a great site.
mjl1261 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dreambeliever128 (05-16-2010), Kakimbo (05-16-2010), keep smilin (05-16-2010), loretta (05-11-2010), wswells (05-16-2010)