View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I started exhibiting ET last August (may have had it far longer, but never noticed until Drs/family saw it while I recovered from a life-threatening illness). Started with hands and arms, then feet and legs, on to neck and head. Ended up with complete body involvement. Episodes were extremely painful because of the constant, rapidfire muscle contractions. While I heard a number of possible causes from medical types (from bad to life-threatening), I was oh, so lucky for a Neurologist who immediately diagnosed it, proved it out, and treated it with meds that have stopped it completely.

May I suggest a visit to:

http://www.essentialtremor.org/SiteR...4&DocName=Home

It is a tremendous resource and can link you to other resources. They even publish a magazine; "Tremor Talk". You'll find out how common (and mis- or undiagnosed) it is. You can also link off to chats for the newly diagnosed, old hands, and new types of family interactions. It is very uplifting to talk with others who know exactly what you are going through. As with here, they are so understanding, experienced, and caring. And you'll find that it is not as uncommon as we initially think. That is accurate for the diagnostic community, sadly

For me, the magic medication potion was Propanalol and Clonazepam. It may be that other things will be the answer for you, as GloryBee discussed. You don't have to live with it controlling your life, you can control it. Please feel free to ask me anything. I will certainly answer if I know the answer. My resume includes "short career as a marrionette".
5280Katie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote